- Remove the core from the apple and cut it into 16 pieces –
8 length wise and 1 across.
- Cook in a microwave dish for approx. 50 seconds
(for 1 apple 90 seconds for 2 or more), do not add any water.
- Prepare 2 dessert glasses with 3 crushed macaroons in each;
then add the cooked apples and juice (if any); sprinkled with some chopped nuts/almonds and top the lot with a large macaroon.
- If you have a jar of Rumtopf add a spoon of juice and a plum
or just add 1 spoon of kirsch before the last macaroon.
- Keep refrigerated until needed and serve with whipped cream or crème fraîche (or even just some custard).