Oven Time: 20 minutes
I had to try this recipe when I found it (somewhere on the net, can’t remember where).
It actually works. No mess and no work once it’s in the oven. Just lovely!
- Line a baking tray with foil. This will make clean-up easier later.
- Arrange bacon slices on the foil
- Place the baking tray on the centre rack in a cold oven.
- Close oven door. Turn oven on to 200°C and leave for 17-20 minutes.
- As soon as the bacon is golden brown, but not excessively crisp, it’s done.
The exact time will depend on the thickness of the bacon slices, and also on how quickly your oven reaches the target temperature.
- Remove the tray from the oven.
- Transfer the bacon onto paper towels to absorb the fat.
Pour the liquid fat – through a strainer to filter out any crunchy bits – into a heat-resistant container for other usage.
- Keep your eye on the bacon during the final few minutes of cooking to make sure that it doesn’t burn. Also, remove the cooked bacon from the hot pan right away. The heat from the pan and the hot bacon fat will continue cooking the bacon.
- You can slightly undercook the bacon, then cool it and freeze it in a zipper bag. Then, to reheat, cook two slices in the microwave on medium power for 30 seconds or so.