|Prep 5-10 mins – Serves 2-4||unattended cooking 30-35 mins|
- 4-6 Chicken Thighs
- 2 medium Leeks
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 100g Basmati Rice
- 10g Butter
- 400-500 ml boiling water
- Salt, Pepper
(Onion salt, Garlic powder, mixed herbs)
- Season the thighs to taste.
- Heat a wok, when it’s hot add the butter; when this is melted add the thighs skin side up, make sure they don’t overlap, when sealed turn over (approx. 2min per side).
- In the meantime finely chop the leeks (cut once length wise and finely slice cross ways); halve the cherry tomatoes; boil the water.
- Dissolve the stock pot in the hot water in a bowl/jar.
- When the thighs are sealed, evenly add the tomatoes; then the leeks.
- Add the dissolved stock, use a little extra water to rinse the bowl/jar and add that to the wok.
- Stir a little, making sure all is covered with the liquid. Cover with a lid and leave simmering for 10 mins.
- Add the basmati rice, stir making sure the rice is evenly spread and covered with liquid.
- Cover again and let simmer for 16-18 mins depending on the rice (if you use brown & white mixed basmati rice cook for 20-22 mins).