|Serves 4||Prep: 10 minutes||Cook: 15 minutes||Very easy|
I came up with this quick and easy Mushroom Soup so that I can feed my food allergy suffering friends and because I needed a mushroom soup for one of my recipes. I must admit that I let it simmer for 30 minutes to reduce the soup.
- 20g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 300g mushrooms, sliced (use any; but wild ones are tastier)
- 1 small handful dried porcini; Optional * (see below)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Maybe some extra salt and freshly ground pepper
* This increases the prep time by 30 minutes, as the dried porcini needs soaking for that time.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan
- Lower the heat and add the onions and garlic and stir until translucent.
- Increase the heat, add the mushrooms and thyme and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, use a stick-blender or a food processor and blitz until smooth