I had ½ a stale white bread and because of our current circumstances with Covid-19, I didn’t just want to throw it away or feed it to the birds.
As I quite like to have a nipple when I watch TV, I decided to make some flavoured croutons.
- Left over bread
- Some oil (olive or sunflower)
- Salt and flavouring (onion salt, Garlic salt, mixed herbs …)
- Cut 4 slices, and cut the slices into 1cm cubes.
- Placed ½ of the cubes in a pre-heated wok,
- Drizzle some sunflower oil, salt and onion salt over the lot.
- Turn heat down to half, and turn the cubes at regular intervals until the croutons are browned but not burned.
- For the second half replace onion-salt with another flavour.
And there you have it, croutons instead of chips to nipple.
Cooking and Prep. time max 10 minutes.