Serves 4-6 Prep. time 5-10 minutes Oven time 90 minutes
- 150g Cooked Rice
- 300g Lamb Mince
- 1 large Egg or 2 smaller ones
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, cut into rings
- 1 large Bell Paprika sliced and pre-fried
- 1 large squashed Garlic Clove
- Salt and Pepper
- Little Oil to grease the baking tin.
- ½ tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- A pinch Cinnamon
Most of the condiments are optional, just add what you like; but a little bit of this and that, enhances the flavour of the Lamb-loaf.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease the baking tin.
- Chop & cut onions as stated. Line the greased baking tin with the sliced onion.
- Place all the herbs & spices in a little dish.
- Place the mince, the rice, the chopped onion, the bell paprika and garlic in a bowl. Mix well, using your hands (this is the best way).
- When you feel that your meat mixture is well mixed, sprinkle the contents of the herbs & spices mix over the meat mixture.
- Mix it all again, making sure that the herbs & spices are thoroughly combined.
- If you feel that the loaf-mixture is too wet, mix in 1 or 2 tbsp Tapioca flour.
- Take your greased baking tin and scope the meat mixture into the tin. Tap the tin on the bottom to make sure there are no air pockets in the loaf. Cover the tin with foil and place the tin in the warm oven for up to 90 minutes.
- After 80 minutes check if the loaf is cooked with a skewer or a thermometer.
- Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 minutes until the top is golden-brown.