Preparation time 10 minutes
I wanted to make a different salad and had seen other people using oranges in salads with avocado. I didn’t have an avocado, so here is my version of a salad using oranges.
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes, cut in thinnish ring slices
- 1 Onion, cut in thin slices
- 2-3 mandarins, cut in thinnish ring slices
- 1 tbls olive oil
- ½ tbls rice vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley and/or Chives, chopped
- Cut the tomatoes and mandarins as thin as possible into rings.
- Use a mandolin to very finely slice the onion.
- Place the tomato, onion and mandarin slices on a plate alternating them.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on all the salad.
- Then drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the ring.
- Cover with cling film and keep at room temperature until served.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and/or fresh chives.