Serves 3-4 preparation time 15 minutes baking time 20-22 minutes
Turn your bumper courgette crop into satisfying snacks, delicious hot and/or cold.
- 250g courgette; shredded
- 1 large egg
- 70-100g grated pecorino (an Italian cheese made from ewes’ milk)
- 100g Panko (or 80g polenta for gluten free)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed with press)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for greasing the baking sheet
- Toss courgette and salt together in a large colander and place in sink to drain for 10 minutes. Then Squeeze to drain even further.
- Mix pecorino, panko, crushed garlic, the egg and pepper in a large bowl; and stir in the drained shredded courgette.
- Scoop a table spoon of ‘dough’ and drop onto a large greased baking sheet, roughly shaping each into a log.
- Bake in a 200°C oven for 20-22 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Dipping Sauce:
- Stir chopped chives and basil into sour cream.
Serves 4 – Preparation time less than 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1tsp duck fat or olive oil
- 10g butter
- 1 chicken stock pot/cube
- 500ml boiling water
- 1 ice-cube of frozen ducks stock (optional)
- 25-50ml port
- 2 tsp cranberry jelly
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp corn/potato flour
- De-stalk and peel the mushrooms; cut (like a cake) into 8 wedges.
- Heat a frying pan with the duck fat and butter; add the mushrooms and sauté until translucent, stirring now and again.
- In the meantime dissolve the chicken stock and the ice-cube in the water.
- Add the stock to the frying pan
- Add the port and the cranberry jelly.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 10-20 mins.
- Add some freshly ground pepper (to taste).
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little cold water and add to the frying pan, stir constantly.
- If the gravy is too thick; add a little extra water.
If you like your gravy a little more creamy; add 100-150g crème fraîche.
Preparation time about 5 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 1 Courgette pealed and finely julienned
- 2 spoons mayonnaise
- 2 spoons natural Yogurt
- 1 spoon extra virgin Olive oil
- ½ Spoon sweet vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground Pepper
- Some chopped Parsley
- Mix the dressing using all ingredients.
- Add the julienned courgette.
- Gently toss the salad making sure all courgette is covered.
- Let it rest for at least 2 hours at room temperature before serving.