I had seen something similar on TV but didn’t make a note of the recipe and I didn’t look it up. I already had a similar recipe but as I didn’t have all 10 items needed for that recipe I decided to improvise and I used leeks instead of onions. It worked, so much so that my 2 guinea pigs wanted the recipe straight away.
PS. Leave the Bacon out and you have vege-burgers.
Serves 2-3 Prep time max. 5 minutes Cooking time 8 minutes
- 90g Courgette, pealed, deseeded and finely chopped
- 60g Leek, finely chopped
- 60g Broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 90g bacon, finely chopped
- 1-2 eggs (it might be too moist with 2 eggs)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Cassava/Tapioca flour, if needed
- 1 tsp olive oil (for frying)
- 10g butter (for frying)
- I used a small blender – instead of finely chopping everything. Pulsing each of the ingrediencies individually.
- Beat the egg and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingrediencies, bar the flour,
- Mix well. If the mixture is too moist, add some of the flour a little at the time.
- Heat a frying pan and when it’s hot, turn down the heat (to 5 out of 9) then add the oil and butter.
- Spoon the mixture onto the pan making 5-6 small burgers, Fry these for approx. 4 minutes each side. You may have to lower the heat, as you don’t want burned burgers.
Calories: 135 per burger (55 if no bacon).