|Prep time 2 minutes||Blending time 3 minutes|
|Makes 3 beakers/glasses||Only 67.3 kcal (81.6 kcal)/glass|
I love beetroot salad and pickled so I was looking for what would taste nice in a beetroot smoothie, without too much of a Rooty flavour, and here is my solution. Yesterday I made the “Red Fruity” smoothie, but this “Beetroot Smoothie” is even deeper red. You can leave out the garlic, and if you can find it use the Cherry Vinegar, that really improves the taste.
- 2-3 precooked Beetroots (180-200g)
- 2 small Shallots (40-50g), roughly cut
- 3 Radishes (15g), head & tail removed
- 1 small Garlic clove (5g)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Ginger (10g)
- 250 ml unsweetened Coconut Water
(or cold green tea)
- ½ lemon (15g)
- 1 tsp Womersley Cherry Vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper
Add 1 handful frozen cherries (100g)
This increases the kcal per glass by 14 kcal
If you leave out the garlic, subtract 2.5 kcal from the above kcal/glass
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes
- Split evenly between 3 glasses.
- The smoothies will keep in fridge for max 2 days.
Shake well before usage.