Serves 1 Prep. time 5 minutes Oven time 40-45 minutes
I had a small portion of bolognaise sauce leftover, and didn’t want to cook pasta so I decided to make stuffed open sweet pepper to be served with baked potato and onion.
- 1 small portion of leftover bolognaise sauce
- 1 large Sweet Pepper, halved length wise
- 1 large potato, quartered into boats
- 1 large shallot, halved length wise
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for the oven tray and to brush potatoes and onion
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, in the meantime:
- Clean the two halves of Sweet Pepper, fill the cavity with the bolognaise sauce
- Place everything in a sparsely greased baking tray as in the picture.
- Brush a little oil on each potato boat and the two onion halves.
- Sprinkle the potatoes and onion with salt & pepper
- Cover the tray with foil, and place the hot oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and sprinkle the Sweet peppers with the cheese.
- Return the baking tray to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
And serve. It’s delicious.